Project Ticket Page 'Hacks'

This topic is archived because there were no new posts for more than 12 months. The historical information on these pages is provided for information only, and may no longer be relevant!

Please, don't base your purchase decisions on information provided at this page, and consider starting a new topic instead

avatar T-Systems Pro Jan 8. 2010. 9:04 am
Thank you bringing that up again!
I installed bean_nwfc's version and it works great in AC v2.1.4.

Thank you bean_nwfc for sharing!

River
avatar jurgenswaans Pro Jan 19. 2010. 8:36 pm
can't seem to get the expand button to work. everything is expanded with me.
avatar mphillips Feb 18. 2010. 5:47 pm
Hello all,

I made these changes to our firm's 2.3 release and thought I would share. Here is the readme:

---

This patch will make several improvements to the ticket display page in activeCollab v2.3.x. This patch is based off of bean_nwfc's patch (http://www.activecollab.com/forums/post/22416/#post22416) which was based off of MarkOs's patch for 1.1.3 (http://www.activecollab.com/forums/post/14415/#post14415).

This has only been tested on v2.3 so be careful applying these patches to future releases. Make sure you make backups first!

Features:

+ Display assignees and due date
+ Display category along with the ticket
+ Adds a ticket content expander and collapser to quickly show the ticket content
+ Adds an edit button to quickly edit a ticket

To install, you can either:

1. Copy the updated files to overwrite the originals:

public/assets/modules/tickets/javascript/main.js
public/assets/stylesheets/global.css
activecollab/application/modules/tickets/views/tickets/index.tpl

2. Use the patch files to manually or automatically apply the changes:

public/assets/modules/tickets/javascript/main.js.patch
public/assets/stylesheets/global.css.patch
activecollab/application/modules/tickets/views/tickets/index.tpl.patch

Many thanks to the authors of the previous versions :)

---
avatar ActiveLabs - Nathan S. Dev Feb 19. 2010. 7:59 am
Thanks for sharing this! Would you be able to share a screenshot of how your update looks in 2.3 -- that would be great.
avatar mphillips Mar 3. 2010. 6:54 pm
Here is what it looks like in 2.3.
avatar webmaster@bighelp.ca Pro Mar 4. 2010. 10:21 pm
Thanks for sharing the screenshot - looks great.
avatar ActiveLabs - Nathan S. Dev Mar 5. 2010. 12:10 am
Thanks for posting the screenshot, I'm going to apply this to my setup tonight -- looks like it will be very helpful.
avatar michielvoo Mar 8. 2010. 8:44 pm
I have applied the latest hack from mphillips to our 2.3 installation and it works great. It is a must-have feature, thanks MarkOs, bean_nwfc and mphillips!

One thing I noticed though, is that it doesn't show a due date when the due date is today, is that correct?
avatar Leon Poole Dev Mar 11. 2010. 12:22 pm
@mphillips Thanks for the update to this original hack by MarkOs! It's a great little improvement we still find really useful.
avatar Frederik (Dwarf) Pro Jun 10. 2010. 9:52 am
I was searching for modifications for tickets listing when I stumbled over this thread. I applied mphillips' patch and began modifying various parts to suit our needs, as we have stripped out the starring functionality. After looking through his code, I wasn't quite happy with partially the html and javascript parts, as the expanders and content divs are marked with the same id's, so I reworked bits and pieces and streamlined some css errors.

I've attached my changes to his patch and it looks (almost) alike in FF 3.6, IE7/8 and Safari 5.

Edit: I rewrote the javascript so it doesn't "pollute" the jQuery namespace anymore.
Best regards

Frederik Sauer
Dwarf A/S
or Go To Next Page

Try activeCollab for 30 days

Instant access and no credit card required

.manageprojects.com