Multiple public submit projects

This topic is archived because there were no new posts for more than 12 months. The historical information on these pages is provided for information only, and may no longer be relevant!

Please, don't base your purchase decisions on information provided at this page, and consider starting a new topic instead

avatar weizheng163 Pro Jun 27. 2010. 3:46 pm
Currently there is only one Public Submit form. I would like to see the multiple Public Submit form and set up so that:
1) we can set up multiple projects, and one for each customer
2) allow different customers to use different Public Submit forms
3) so a particular support ticket submitted by one customer ends up in a particular Project
avatar Ilija S. Staff Jun 28. 2010. 10:34 am
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback, we'll see what we can do about this in the future.

PS: Public submit does not require login (that's the whole point behind this module), so its use can't be limited to members of a specific company. activeCollab simply can't know whether a person who uses the form is a member of any existing company.
avatar subvert_city Feb 10. 2012. 1:10 am
No, but you could create a different URL for each different customer to access the public submit. I'm looking for a solution to this as well. Right now just going through the code to see what I might be able to change to create multiple instances. Only prob is some default settings (such as default project) seem to be in the database and I don't have the experience to edit that.
avatar willemn Dev Feb 12. 2012. 8:23 am
Posted this elsewhere as well... it is much easier to just setup (email/php) web forms for whatever you want and as complex as you want and just email them into AC.

We have 10 or so mailboxes setup that correspond to projects and auto create tickets in those projects.

We point the forms to the proper boxes and beautifully formatted and labeled forms flows right into new tickets.

Its simple and very powerful and no need to mess wit AC code at all. (You could even use survey monkey to submit a complete survey as a ticket if you wanted LOL)
www.gfxi.com
avatar Ilija S. Staff Feb 12. 2012. 9:12 am
Feature that lets you define more than one public submit form will be part of activeCollab 3.
avatar reddyinc Pro Feb 15. 2012. 2:25 pm
Appreciate if you can provide steps for doing this.

- Setup web form to email (done!). Email is associated with ac mailbox

Appreciate a screen shot as we are not able to accomplish this successfully.

Thank you

willemn:
Posted this elsewhere as well... it is much easier to just setup (email/php) web forms for whatever you want and as complex as you want and just email them into AC.

We have 10 or so mailboxes setup that correspond to projects and auto create tickets in those projects.

We point the forms to the proper boxes and beautifully formatted and labeled forms flows right into new tickets.

Its simple and very powerful and no need to mess wit AC code at all. (You could even use survey monkey to submit a complete survey as a ticket if you wanted LOL)
avatar willemn Dev Feb 15. 2012. 5:56 pm
Hi redyinc

No worries, here are a couple of screenshots of the setup. Just make sure your "scheduled tasks" are running on the server (CRON), because AC has to "read" your mailboxes at frequent intervals to pull the data in.

Let me know if this helps.
www.gfxi.com
avatar reddyinc Pro Feb 17. 2012. 4:09 pm
Thank you for the pictures. I realized my problems is setting up mail boxes a default feature in Ac. Home someone posts an screen print with gmail id set up example.
avatar willemn Dev Feb 17. 2012. 4:24 pm
@ reddyinc gmail would just be an IMAP mailbox type...
www.gfxi.com
avatar Casey F. Pro Oct 29. 2012. 10:54 pm
Was the multiple public submit forms feature added to AC3?
or Go To Next Page

Try activeCollab for 30 days

Instant access and no credit card required

.manageprojects.com