File Upload Error message

activeCollab 0.7.1 has been discontinued in October 2007. The historical information on these pages is provided for information only, and is no longer relevant!

Please, don't base your purchase and business decisions based on information discussed on this page!

avatar 16toads Pro Nov 24. 2006. 6:29 pm
What does this error message mean on File Upload
"Failed to import file '/tmp/php7GqjVv' to the file repository (unique file id: c9baac548583d074e7c921cef355f107a18a164b)"

I am attempting to upload a Zip archive of 1.5mb - I have successfully uploaded Zip archives, but for some reason the success rate on zip upload is random for myself and clients.

Note: I have adjusted the PHP.INI file to handle files up to 35mb as well as all other recommended .ini fixes.

Also - Why, when I download images, does the download not start automatically when I click "download file", but instead open the file in a new window? - The only way I can download images is to click on the link then right click and select "save image as" in order to download? In other words, image download is a 2-step process.

Text docs actually download when "download file" is clicked.

avatar Ilija S. Staff Nov 24. 2006. 6:35 pm
pburt16:
What does this error message mean on File Upload
"Failed to import file '/tmp/php7GqjVv' to the file repository (unique file id: c9baac548583d074e7c921cef355f107a18a164b)"

I am attempting to upload a Zip archive of 1.5mb - I have successfully uploaded Zip archives, but for some reason the success rate on zip upload is random for myself and clients.

Note: I have adjusted the PHP.INI file to handle files up to 35mb as well as all other recommended .ini fixes.

If you are using MySQL storage engine (you can check in Administration -> Configuration -> General) you should also set max_allowed_packet value for your database. By default, the limit is 1MB. It does not have anything to do with values in php.ini

pburt16:
Also - Why, when I download images, does the download not start automatically when I click "download file", but instead open the file in a new window? - The only way I can download images is to click on the link then right click and select "save image as" in order to download? In other words, image download is a 2-step process.

Text docs actually download when "download file" is clicked.

The reason is to enable linking of images in messages (you can upload an image and put it in your message, project description, milestone description etc). This behavior will be revisited.

Try activeCollab for 30 days

Instant access and no credit card required

.manageprojects.com