Usability: Cancel Button and Assigments page

This topic is archived because there were no new posts for more than 12 months. The historical information on these pages is provided for information only, and may no longer be relevant!

Please, don't base your purchase decisions on information provided at this page, and consider starting a new topic instead

avatar orbi Oct 18. 2007. 8:39 am
Hi,
I have two little usability issues. Maybe it is possible to add this features?

- If I edit an item, I have a "submit" button. I miss a "Cancel" button that takes me back to where I'm coming from without changing the item. (I know that this is a web application and can just click the breadcrumb, etc. BUT my clients sometimes don't and it more intuitive to "cancel")

- I'd like to complete tasks on the assigment page and the dashboard ("late / today"). This would be very handy!

thanks
orbi
avatar osc Pro Oct 18. 2007. 9:30 am
Might be a good idea to do some searching before posting:
http://www.activecollab.com/forums/topic/2105/
avatar Ilija S. Staff Oct 18. 2007. 11:39 am
We believe that secondary actions (Cancel, Go Back etc) need to be added ONLY if there is a good reason for that. Cancel on edit forms might not be such a bad idea if it communicates a clear message that it's a risk free way out (user will not "break" anything) so we'll see about this...

Thank you
avatar spigot Oct 18. 2007. 1:20 pm
oc:
Might be a good idea to do some searching before posting:
http://www.activecollab.com/forums/topic/2105/

A search field on every forum page would aid in this.
avatar orbi Oct 18. 2007. 1:26 pm
Thanks Ilija, that's what I meant.
And I agree that cancel buttons on "normal" web forms (like contact forms) are useless but in this case they would be a part of the navigation.

What about the "complete tasks on assignment page" issue? I tested the hosted demo only ... may be I'm missing something?

br
orbi
avatar Ilija S. Staff Oct 18. 2007. 2:13 pm
orbi:
What about the "complete tasks on assignment page" issue? I tested the hosted demo only ... may be I'm missing something?

You are not missing anything - there is no checkbox that lets you complete tasks on Assignments page. We'll see what we can do about that.

Try activeCollab for 30 days

Instant access and no credit card required

.manageprojects.com