All Projects - Snapshot

This topic is archived because there were no new posts for more than 12 months. The historical information on these pages is provided for information only, and may no longer be relevant!

Please, don't base your purchase decisions on information provided at this page, and consider starting a new topic instead

avatar ccongiardo Mar 6. 2012. 8:55 pm
Does aC have the capability to show a Milestone or Project view for all users within aC? A key aspect of managing multiple projects one of two ways (preferably both):

-The head of our department, at a glance, be able to view (calendar view) all current projects and how they may overlay with other projects

-All project managers have the capability as explained above, so that when scheduling milestones, they have the ability to view theirs and others current workload to schedule around.
avatar Apps Magnet - Nirav Mehta Dev Mar 7. 2012. 5:15 am
You may find Assignments section in activeCollab useful for this. You can filter and review tasks across projects easily. We have enhanced it a lot further with our Assignments Plus module - and people have reported tremendous productivity improvements with it.
avatar Ilija S. Staff Mar 7. 2012. 4:08 pm
We've been using activeCollab 3 for our project since October 2011 and one thing that we found to work well are various assignment filters added to the home screen. This way I monitor my tasks grouped by milestones in various project, tasks across projects etc.
avatar ccongiardo Mar 26. 2012. 4:29 pm
Ilija Studen:
We've been using activeCollab 3 for our project since October 2011 and one thing that we found to work well are various assignment filters added to the home screen. This way I monitor my tasks grouped by milestones in various project, tasks across projects etc.

We were thinking more along the lines of a team calendar where we could view tasks/milestones for all projects/users.
avatar Ilija S. Staff Mar 26. 2012. 4:51 pm
Hello,

The date is the same, it's just a different presentation - instead of having assignments in a calendar, you can have them as a list, grouped by date (assignment filters in activeCollab 3 allow grouping on a couple of fields, due date being one of them).
avatar ccongiardo Mar 26. 2012. 5:26 pm
Ilija Studen:
Hello,

The date is the same, it's just a different presentation - instead of having assignments in a calendar, you can have them as a list, grouped by date (assignment filters in activeCollab 3 allow grouping on a couple of fields, due date being one of them).

Wouldn't the global calendar show tasks/milestones for all projects?
avatar Ilija S. Staff Mar 26. 2012. 5:43 pm
Yes, it shows assignments across projects, but its filtering and grouping features are limited at the moment. Assignment filters are much more capable at sifting through assignment at this point, so we recommend that you use them instead of calendar for the time being (we'll work on calendar for one of the upcoming releases - it really deserves more attention than what we gave it so far).

Try activeCollab for 30 days

Instant access and no credit card required

.manageprojects.com